dswdiane: See comment (Default)
[personal profile] dswdiane
Intro/FAQ

According to the list of volunteers kept by [personal profile] zwei_hexen for hosting this community, on June 1, the day after tomorrow, [personal profile] goddess47 will start hosting. So all of you should be prepared to move over there.

So, I'll be saying good-bye tomorrow.

My check-in, I had a long conversation and consultation with my other beta reader who loves the direction in which I want to take the story and suggested ways to make earlier chapters more congruent with intended goals. So I've been deleting and rewriting and rewriting--and I just realized that part of the reason I'm doing that to avoid the next session of intense research I have to do to find out what kind of boats would be used to do like a pirate raid on a yacht to rescue someone, how one would operate such boats and at least a minimal knowledge of the strategy and tactics of such a raid. Oh well, project for tomorrow.

PLEASE If I make a mistake and don't count you on a day, please let me know.

Day 30 [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] china_shop, [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] carenejeans, [personal profile] cornerofmadness, [personal profile] ysilme, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] china_shop, [personal profile] carenejeans, [personal profile] goddess47

Day 29 [personal profile] the_siobhan, [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] china_shop, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] carenejeans, [personal profile] ysilme, [personal profile] cornerofmadness

Day 28 [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] the_siobhan, [personal profile] cornerofmadness, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] ysilme, [personal profile] china_shop

Day 27 [personal profile] goddess47, [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] cornerofmadness, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] carenejeans, [personal profile] ysilme, [personal profile] china_shop

Day 26 [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] china_shop, [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] goddess47, [personal profile] the_siobhan, [personal profile] carenejeans, [personal profile] ysilme

Day 25 [personal profile] ysilme, [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] china_shop, [personal profile] carenejeans, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] goddess47, [personal profile] the_siobhan, [personal profile] cornerofmadness

Day 24 [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] the_siobhan, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] ysilme, [personal profile] goddess47, [personal profile] china_shop, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] cornerofmadness, [personal profile] carenejeans

Day 23 [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] the_siobhan, [personal profile] china_shop, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] cornerofmadness, [personal profile] ysilme, [personal profile] carenejeans

Day 22 [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] goddess47, [personal profile] carenejeans, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] ysilme, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] the_siobhan, [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] china_shop

Day 21 [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] the_siobhan, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] carenejeans, [personal profile] ysilme,

Day 20 [personal profile] china_shop, [personal profile] ofmonstrouswords, [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] cornerofmadness, [personal profile] ysilme, [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] carenejeans, [personal profile] the_siobhan

Day 19 [personal profile] china_shop, [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] ysilme, [personal profile] cornerofmadness, [personal profile] goddess47, [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] carenejeans, [personal profile] ofmonstrouswords

Day 18 [personal profile] ysilme, [personal profile] china_shop, [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] cornerofmadness, [personal profile] the_siobhan, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] carenejeans, [personal profile] sanguinity

Day 17 [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] goddess47, [personal profile] cornerofmadness, [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] carenejeans, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] ofmonstrouswords, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] ysilme, [personal profile] china_shop, [personal profile] the_siobhan

Day 16 [personal profile] china_shop, [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] the_siobhan, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] ysilme, [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] carenejeans, [personal profile] cornerofmadness, [personal profile] ofmonstrouswords

Date: 2026-05-31 04:05 am (UTC)
goddess47: Emu! (Default)
From: [personal profile] goddess47
I'm doing this on a side community: [community profile] goddess_writes.... but it's good to go!

Date: 2026-05-31 04:10 am (UTC)
carenejeans: (Default)
From: [personal profile] carenejeans
Day 29: More prep for the 1000-words-a-day challenge, but mostly worked on good old "Fitz." ;-)

Day 30: Aaaand, I did it! Today was the first day of the challenge, and I wrote over 1,000 words! \o/ Now I have to do it again tomorrow. /o\

Days 30 check-in

Date: 2026-05-31 04:21 am (UTC)
the_siobhan: It means, "to rot" (Default)
From: [personal profile] the_siobhan
Thank you for hosting! I have enjoyed your icon gifts. :-)

350+ words tonight.

Date: 2026-05-31 04:47 am (UTC)
cornerofmadness: (Default)
From: [personal profile] cornerofmadness
day 29 & 30 about 1200 words between the days

Date: 2026-05-31 09:08 am (UTC)
badly_knitted: (Tired Ianto)
From: [personal profile] badly_knitted
May 30th - 1375 words. Three expanded ficathon fills, edits to two fics, and some work on another fic.

Date: 2026-05-31 03:22 pm (UTC)
badly_knitted: (B & W 1)
From: [personal profile] badly_knitted
Thanks, I do. It keeps my brain from thinking about other things.

Date: 2026-05-31 10:39 am (UTC)
china_shop: Water ripples made golden by the light. (golden ripples)
From: [personal profile] china_shop
30th: alibi sentence (because I spent most of the day AFK).

Thank you so very much for hosting!! *showers you with truly appreciative sparkles*

Date: 2026-05-31 01:18 pm (UTC)
sylvanwitch: (Default)
From: [personal profile] sylvanwitch
As someone who writes a whole other novel to avoid editing the last one, I appreciate your delaying tactics. ;-)

On Day 30, I wrote an alibi sentence. It was a busy day (good busy), and I almost forgot entirely!

Date: 2026-05-31 01:37 pm (UTC)
ysilme: Tip of an elegant fountain pen with a trace of violet ink on the gold nib. (Fountain Pen)
From: [personal profile] ysilme
Yes, [personal profile] goddess47 is hosting June, but not in their personal DW but in one created for the purpose, [community profile] goddess_writes .

Kudos to getting much writing work done, even if part of it was for procrastination reasons. ^^ I think even this kind of writing will contribute to improving in general, no matter the reason.

Checking in for days 29, 30 and 31. (You missed me on day 29 although I already checked in on my last time.)
I started another larger revamp of one of my drawer epics and spent today and yesterday pushing around files, characters and other bits and bobs, and jotting down notes, descriptions and new ideas all over, altough I didn't count the words.
My writing platform is Scrivener which allows for a lot of hierarchic structure as well as shuffling things around easily (snippets, chapters as well as whole stories, depeding on how you're setting it up), but particularly for that epic there are so many parts by now that I tend to lose the overview.

Date: 2026-06-01 02:28 am (UTC)
sanguinity: Quote from Commodore Hornblower: There was only one man that he wanted. "I'll have Bush." (Hornblower only wanted Bush)
From: [personal profile] sanguinity
Heh, I *do* have books about pirate tactics and strategy -- but they presume eighteenth century technology, so probably won't serve you. I hope you found out a lot of cool things, though!


May 31. More work on the auction story! 200 words of smut before I decided I didn't like the direction it was taking, tossed it, and wrote a different version of the scene instead. I like the new version MUCH better. 1K words total, 800 of which I intend to keep.

To answer your other question: this auction story is for the person who requested Hornblower, sorry. I still haven't decided on a fandom for the other auction story.

(Icon is a delightfully slashy quote from Commodore Hornblower. In honor of the smut I just wrote in which Hornblower absolutely wants Bush.)

Days 31 check-in

Date: 2026-06-01 04:01 am (UTC)
the_siobhan: It means, "to rot" (Default)
From: [personal profile] the_siobhan
730+ words tonight! I have a solid plot for the next little part of the story, so I just need to get the words down.
Page generated Sep. 28th, 2026 03:15 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios