dswdiane: (Duncan and Methos)
[personal profile] dswdiane
Intro/FAQ

Today is my last day of hosting Write Every Day. Tomorrow the community will go on at [community profile] goddess_writes. I look forward to seeing all of you over there.

I've really enjoyed getting to know this community of folks all of whom are writing. It has truly felt good to offer and receive encouragement and support. And I really have felt truly encouraged and supported by all of you in my own journey with my characters in the story I'm writing. They really are a part of my heart.

So thank you all for all the words of support and appreciation. Thank you for allowing me to become a part of this community. And thank you for all the appreciation of my strange icon habits.

My check in: Had a very social day, spending hours with friends whom I enjoy. But I still managed to delete about 200 or 300 words and write about 400 or 500 to replace them. I still have some proof reading to do on the rewrites but I truly think the rewrites have made it clearer where the story is going.

Day 31 [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] ysilme, [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] the_siobhan, [personal profile] goddess47, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] carenejeans, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] cornerofmadness, [personal profile] chanter1944

Day 30 [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] china_shop, [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] carenejeans, [personal profile] cornerofmadness, [personal profile] ysilme, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] china_shop, [personal profile] carenejeans, [personal profile] goddess47, [personal profile] the_siobhan, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] chanter1944

Day 29 [personal profile] the_siobhan, [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] china_shop, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] carenejeans, [personal profile] ysilme, [personal profile] cornerofmadness, [personal profile] chanter1944

Day 28 [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] the_siobhan, [personal profile] cornerofmadness, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] ysilme, [personal profile] china_shop, [personal profile] chanter1944

Day 27 [personal profile] goddess47, [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] cornerofmadness, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] carenejeans, [personal profile] ysilme, [personal profile] china_shop, [personal profile] chanter1944

Day 26 [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] china_shop, [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] goddess47, [personal profile] the_siobhan, [personal profile] carenejeans, [personal profile] ysilme, [personal profile] chanter1944

Day 25 [personal profile] ysilme, [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] china_shop, [personal profile] carenejeans, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] goddess47, [personal profile] the_siobhan, [personal profile] cornerofmadness, [personal profile] chanter1944

Day 24 [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] the_siobhan, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] ysilme, [personal profile] goddess47, [personal profile] china_shop, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] cornerofmadness, [personal profile] carenejeans, [personal profile] chanter1944

Day 23 [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] the_siobhan, [personal profile] china_shop, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] cornerofmadness, [personal profile] ysilme, [personal profile] carenejeans, [personal profile] chanter1944

Day 22 [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] goddess47, [personal profile] carenejeans, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] ysilme, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] the_siobhan, [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] china_shop, [personal profile] chanter1944

Day 21 [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] the_siobhan, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] carenejeans, [personal profile] ysilme,

Day 20 [personal profile] china_shop, [personal profile] ofmonstrouswords, [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] cornerofmadness, [personal profile] ysilme, [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] carenejeans, [personal profile] the_siobhan, [personal profile] chanter1944

Day 19 [personal profile] china_shop, [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] ysilme, [personal profile] cornerofmadness, [personal profile] goddess47, [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] carenejeans, [personal profile] ofmonstrouswords, [personal profile] chanter1944

Day 18 [personal profile] ysilme, [personal profile] china_shop, [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] cornerofmadness, [personal profile] the_siobhan, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] carenejeans, [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] chanter1944

Day 17 [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] goddess47, [personal profile] cornerofmadness, [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] carenejeans, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] ofmonstrouswords, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] ysilme, [personal profile] china_shop, [personal profile] the_siobhan, [personal profile] chanter1944

Day 16 [personal profile] china_shop, [personal profile] dswdiane, [personal profile] the_siobhan, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] badly_knitted, [personal profile] ysilme, [personal profile] sanguinity, [personal profile] sylvanwitch, [personal profile] carenejeans, [personal profile] cornerofmadness, [personal profile] ofmonstrouswords, [personal profile] chanter1944

The icon is the OTP who tell me what they want me to write about them.

Date: 2026-06-01 06:14 am (UTC)
goddess47: Emu! (Default)
From: [personal profile] goddess47
Day 31: wrote 2500 words on a WIP that will be a Fandom Trumps Hate fill at some point!

Thanks for having us!

Date: 2026-06-01 09:50 am (UTC)
badly_knitted: (Ianto Smile)
From: [personal profile] badly_knitted
Thanks so much for hosting, it's been fun!

Deleting words is hard!

May 31st - 1649 words. 4 expanded ficathon fills, some work on an existing fic, 1 quadruple and 2 double drabbles. I'm over 51k for the month, which surprised me!

Date: 2026-06-01 08:32 pm (UTC)
badly_knitted: (Jack - Big Smile)
From: [personal profile] badly_knitted
Thanks! Glad that the deleting wasn't too hard for you.

I was surprised!

Date: 2026-06-01 03:07 pm (UTC)
sanguinity: (geek baby squid)
From: [personal profile] sanguinity
Hurrah, rewrites! Sounds like good, solid work, and I hope the proofreading goes smoothly, too.

It was a pleasure getting to know you these last six weeks! Thank you so much for hosting these last two, and thank you also for your patience while we wrestled with finding a hosting format that worked for you. I do hope we'll continue to talk in the coming weeks (but also 100% understand if you want to go hibernate a little!) <3

(Here, have a cute tiny little cephalopod!)

Date: 2026-06-01 08:25 pm (UTC)
sanguinity: (me roses in lavenham)
From: [personal profile] sanguinity
A good beta is worth their weight in gold. My betas are some of my very favorite people on this Earth.

Oh! I wish now I'd offered to help with the cut-tag. I thought of it, but didn't want to push. There is an example in the document I shared with you, if you ever want to try playing with it again. And if not, no worries. But if you do ever want help troubleshooting, I enjoy helping.

Date: 2026-06-01 03:26 pm (UTC)
sylvanwitch: (Default)
From: [personal profile] sylvanwitch
Congratulations on making SO MUCH progress on your story! That's amazing! And thank you for hosting us and for the creative and thoughtful use of icons. I really enjoyed sharing the comments section with you! :-)

On Day 31, I added 88 words to yesterday's alibi sentence. (It was another good-busy day.)

Date: 2026-06-01 05:03 pm (UTC)
carenejeans: (Default)
From: [personal profile] carenejeans
Day 31: Made my goal of 1,000 words. Very rough, but editable!

Yay for making progress on your story!

Thank you for hosting. I'm glad you enjoyed it -- this is a fabulous group! Hosting is the best way to get to know everyone, too. 8-)

Date: 2026-06-01 07:52 pm (UTC)
the_siobhan: It means, "to rot" (Default)
From: [personal profile] the_siobhan
Thanks again for hosting! It's been lovely.

Date: 2026-06-02 02:08 am (UTC)
From: [personal profile] chanter1944
I apologize for being late checking in; I'm fine at writing every day, I'm just awful at noting it in comments! Could I sneak in for days 16 through 31, please?

Date: 2026-06-02 04:25 am (UTC)
cornerofmadness: (Default)
From: [personal profile] cornerofmadness
thanks for hosting. I finished out with a couple alibi sentences

Date: 2026-06-02 03:20 pm (UTC)
cornerofmadness: (Default)
From: [personal profile] cornerofmadness
thanks
Page generated Sep. 28th, 2026 08:45 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios